There's this stuff called Dilaudid. Let me tell you about dilaudid. It's a pain killer, it's five times stronger than morphine, it works, and I like it. I don't know about anyone else, but it also causes me to lose my filter. You know that thing that keeps you from saying what you really want to say, or keeps you from saying the first thing that pops into your head. Some people call it a concsious, others portray it as a little angle sitting on your shoulder.
I came out of surgery fine, but a little sore. I slept some, and then talked to Erin for the rest of the morning. Right around noon, Doug and his son Mac show up to visit. Doug and his family have been friends with us for a long time. Erin started nannying for them when the youngest member of the family, Ian, was only 6 months old. He's now 15. Mack is now 17, and a senior in High School. Over the course of the conversation, I would say anything, regardless of how tacky or inappropriate it. I had everyone in the room cracking up. It was like I was 12 shots into a good bottle of scotch, with out being blunted in the slightest. I was throwing out double, triple, even quadruple entandre. I said things that should not be said in front of impressionable teenagers. I made comments about the social habits of teenagers now a days that fathers don't want to hear. overall, everyone had a good time. I wish I could describe it a little more accuratly, but now it's all a little hazy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bryan,
ReplyDeleteHang in there kiddo. We're tough, we can beat anything. Your in our thoughts and prayers. Behave yourself and we will see you soon. Love You.
Aunt Dorothy & Nancy
I remember Dilaudid very well, we became acquainted during my 5 day stay at the Hotel Bronson. It was a good idea for you to start up a blog, this way you and your wife don't get bombarded with daily status calls.
ReplyDeleteLet me know when you feel up to having visitors, I look forward to kicking the shit out of you in chess.
Later,
Chris